I carry out commissions to customer specifications in all my product lines. The following are some examples of such work.
89. My client wanted an oversized Ireland Journal for a relative who is a prolific journaler.
88. My client in 87 was pleased with her Journal and immediately commissioned an Alaska one.
87. My client wanted an Australia Journal for her upcoming trip.
86. Last year my client ordered a Hawaii Journal, see no.72 below. This time she asked for an Israeli themed Journal to record a recent trip.
Sandy: "Thanks for the lovely Israel book. Now to get photos printed and pasted in."
85. My client wanted a diary customised with initials.
84. My client wanted a Summer Journal with London maps.
83. My client in 81, below, liked her bag and ordered another "Fashion Girls" bag and also one with a Paris theme.
82. My client wanted a Japanese Journal for her sister and niece who are learning Japanese together.
81. My client asked me to make a shoulder bag with the fashion girls appliqued to it. I was able to use the full set with ten on each side.
80. My client wanted a handmade book with a Kafka theme.
79. I made a leather covered Wedding Book which incorporated pockets as well as folios for writing on.
78. My client wanted a Wedding Book for guests to write in at her forthcoming nuptials in Greece.
77. My client wanted me to make a Scottish themed book to be the basis for messages from friends and family for a special birthday.
Client: "It's brilliant and beautiful. Just the job. Thanks so much. The book went down brilliantly. Many thanks.
76. My client wanted a gift for a couple who had married in Las Vegas.
Thank you so much for the book it's perfect 😊 Kind regards Lorna
I have added a Las Vegas Journal to my catalogue of place themed journals.
I have added a Las Vegas Journal to my catalogue of place themed journals.
75. My client wanted a customised version of my Italy Journal for two friends who are going on a culinary trip to Puglia.
Customer: "I love them!!! Thanks so much! "Thank you James...the 2 books on Italy you made for my sisters are great...I know they will love them...they came out perfect....thanks again.
74. My client asked a Film themed Journal.
73. My client wanted one of my pocket books for a particular purpose.
72. My client is planning a special anniversary visit to Hawaii and wanted a special journal in which to record the trip.
Client: "The journal arrived. I just love it! I'm going to try and do it on the trip as you recommended."
71. My client wanted a custom designed journal to record an extensive European visit.
70. My client was pleased with last year's commission (see no 67) and asked for a Los Angeles themed Journal this time.
69. Rosemary wanted a soft slip cover for her new Kindle Fire.
68. My client wanted a book for guests to write in during a house party.
67. My client wanted a place specific journal for an upcoming trip.
66. This is my contribution to the Christmas Show at the Cupola Gallery, Sheffield.
65. My client wanted a specific book in which to record the first year of a new family member.
Client -"Thanks for everything. It looks perfect. I will always have you in mind for special occasions and will for sure recommend your work to others."
64. My client wanted personalized Lists books with pencils as gifts for her work colleagues.
63. My client requested a Washington Journal for a visit.
62. The purchaser of item 49 below ordered a new version as she had filled up the original book.
61. My client liked my Big Bunting in my own tent and decided to commission some for her own tent.
60. My client wanted a Fashion Journal featuring the world of Alexander McQueen.
59. My client wanted a place specific journal for his mother to use on a forthcoming trip.
58. My client wanted a place specific journal in which to record a recent trip.
57. My client wanted a Birthday Book.
56. My client wanted a place specific journal in which to record a recent trip.
55. My client wanted a leather slip cover to house her A4 ruled pads. I added maps inside to add interest.
Client: "Many thanks, just right! "
54. My client wanted a leather covered A4 size book with envelopes inside to create a scrapbook of his daughter's progress.
53. My client wanted a large scale(A4) slip cover book with a pocket inside for holding scripts. He also wanted to be able to replace the signature block inside.
52. My client wanted a Campervan Journal based on the style of my Italy Journal.
51. My client decided to customise one of my Leather covered books.
50. My client, Digital Next( see also 18 and 40 below), wanted another customised notebook for a new member of staff.
49. My customer purchased one of my Little Leather Books and was so enamoured with it that she commissioned an A5 version with an elastic strap.
48. My client wanted a lavender slip cover book with textile collage on the front. She selected five signatures of copier paper inside with lavender hearts on selected sheets.
47. My client wanted to customise one of my Cook Books.
46. My client has a work colleague who is moving to Scotland and wanted one of my journals customised with a Scottish flavour.
45. My client's daughter is going to Guatemala and she wanted her to have a customised Journal to record the trip. The covers have textile collage and inside the pages are made from envelopes and have Guatemalan towns and cities as page edges.
44. My client wanted a large scale book and selected a herring bone wool for the slip cover. The signature block is made from brown envelopes and is decorated with a Hitchcock theme.
43. My client wanted a Nepal Journal for friends planning a visit. She requested velvet covers and customised collage on them.
42. My client was a well travelled person who wanted to record her visits in a personalised version of my standard Travel Journal.
41. I recently found this photo of aprons I made for the Proprietors of a cafe in Telford a few years ago.
40. In 2013 I made a set of notebooks for a client to present to his staff at Christmas, see number 18 below. The client now has a PR Department and the ladies in it wanted their own books. They also wanted a girly colour!
39. I made this Malta Journal for a friend who is taking a winter break in Malta. I combined one of my three signature page edged blocks, which I normally use with my leather bound and slip cover books, inside with a standard place theme journal cover. My friend is a professional photographer and he tells me that he is taking a polaroid camera with him and will stick the prints into the journal during his trip.
38. I made these slip cover books for friends. The slip covers have personalised textile collage. The signature blocks are made from recycled envelopes with decorative edging papers.
37. This customer bought herself an A6 sized Diary and asked me to make a denim slip cover for it.
36. This client wanted a gift for a friend who was planning a trip to Viet Nam. She liked the format of my Paris Journal and so we based the design of the Viet Nam Journal on that.
35. This customer wanted a feint ruled notebook with a textile slip cover.
34. This client wanted one of my handmade books with a tweed cover in which to record her commissions for specific jewellery.
33. This client wanted a large version of my Italy Journal so that she could paste emails from her daughter and so record her time living in Italy.
32. This client wanted personalised journals for gifts for members of his family. He selected velvet covers and signature blocks made from recycled envelopes embellished with page edges.
31. My client wanted to use her book as a photograph album and so she selected copier paper for the pages inside. The cover is woollen tweed with textile collage.
30. My client selected a standard ruled hard back book which was covered with a velvet slip cover with specific words appliqued.
29. This client wanted a personalised slip cover book for his daughter. The inside is five signatures of copier paper giving 188 pages.
28. My client wanted to customise one of my standard A5 slip cover books to celebrate a friend's birthday. The inside has three signatures of recycled envelopes giving 114 pages. Alternate pages are decorated with page edges.
27. Art Apron to mark the Christmas Exhibition, Delicious, at the Cupola Gallery, Hillsborough, Sheffield.
Karen Sherwood, the proprietor of the Cupola Gallery, models the Art Apron:
26. A local entrepreneur in the upmarket cake business wanted an apron which reflected her corporate colours and identity.
25. A previous buyer of my Denim Shoulder Bags asked me to make one with shorter straps and without denim pockets. I was happy to oblige and the result is as follows.
24. My first customer on the Sunday of the Fountain Square Art Festival liked my slim line apron but also wanted a large pocket. She also needed extra long side ties so that she could fasten the apron at the front. Finally she said that she wanted the slimline apron style of collage to be extended down over the pocket to the base of the apron. And why not? I have been enjoying myself creating the Combination Apron for her.
Within a few days of returning to the UK I received this:
23. My client wanted a velvet slip cover with specific lettering appliqued to it. The book inside was a lined hard backed book.
22. Velvet slip cover bookwith textile collage on front. It has 114 recycled pages inside. The client wanted to make an album for her friend.
21. Understated wedding album with three signatures of recycled envelopes giving 114 usable pages. The slip cover is tweed.
20. Wallhanging approx 36" x 24" reflecting aspects of the family home.
19. This is a standard A5 Diary with a customised lined slip cover in velvet for a cricketing client.
18. This is a series of sixteen A5 ruled notebooks with a slip cover customized to client specifications which included individual's initials. The client presented them to his staff as Christmas gifts.
17. Textile hanging for CRIT Group open event.
16. My Panda Journal was originally commissioned by a client who bought one of my Cat Journals for one of her daughters and wanted a Panda one for her other daughter.
15. My Heaton Moor Journal was commissioned by the Bay Tree in Heaton Moor.
14. Standard A5 Diary in velvet slip cover with client's initials.
13. Extra large Travel Journal for brothers going on a round the world trip. Initials and date on the cover. Pockets inside front and back covers.
12. Large size shoulder bag with collage front and back. Fully lined with inside zipper pocket.
11. Halloween themed coat for a Jule Berry, a greyhound.
10. Back Drop for the Eco Fashion Show at the Chorlton Arts Festival 2011.
9. Laptop Bag for client with initials on the front flap and collage on the back.
8. Handbag for client with initials on front. Fully lined with sections and zip pockets inside. Adjustable shoulder strap.
7. Shoulder bag for client with collage front and back. Pockets inside and out.
6. Spanish and French Journals for a client whose daughters were visiting Europe for the first time and wanted to keep travel logs.
5. Commemorative Wallhanging.
4. Laptop bag with lining and collages on flap, front and back.
3. Wallhanging for the Year of the Garden at Creative Recycling
2. Wallhanging for Flea market.
1. Laptop bag with collage on flap, front and back. Fully lined.